Tiny foundational cracks become fault lines when great stress is applied. What causes one person’s life to shatter may not be what causes another person’s downfall. In 2020, marriages are falling apart, and social isolation is leading to lapses in recovery and sobriety. Yes, there are plenty of self-help tools out there. Unless a support network is readily available, however, it’s all too easy to fall off the wagon. Attempted suicide rates are skyrocketing.
When someone falls from grace, it’s not our job to kick them when they are down. It’s our job to do all that is in our power to restore them to grace.
Tools needed for the job.
1. Holy Ghost Duct Tape – Apply a sufficient amount of tape over the mouth to prevent spreading of rumours, gossip, and speculation.
2. Ear protection – Wear as needed to filter out gossip, rumours, and speculation you might hear.
3. SONglasses – In the case of a famous person’s fall, SONglasses will prevent accidental reading of social media sites and blogs that make their money by spreading half-truths and innuendos.
4. Boxing gloves – Place upon your hands to prevent you from commenting on such social media sites.
5. Knee Pads – Wear as you pray for those involved. Also, pray for those not involved but who feel they gain acceptance if they join the hate-filled mob.
7. A mirror – Utilize it by gazing at your reflection when asking yourself, “Why do I feel so offended by a stranger’s fall from grace to the point that I struggle to forgive that person? They’ve done nothing to physically harm me or my loved ones.”
8. A door – Use it go outside, enjoy the fresh air and live in your own reality and not the reality presented to you by the media.
Join in my weekly feature “Let’s Discuss” on YouTube, Tuesday at 5 PM Mountain Standard Time. If you subscribe to my channel, and hit the bell once you subscribe, choosing the ‘all’ option that will pop up, you’ll receive an email reminder about the live chat where we often discuss the blog I wrote that week and get to know each other a bit better. Come, join a welcoming group of people.
I invite you to subscribe to my YouTube channel, “What’ s Up With Katherine” it doesn’t cost anything. If you hit the red icon that says ‘subscribe’ then hit the ‘bell’ and choose all, you will receive an email notification stating I posted a new video. Neither Youtube nor I will be spamming you with stuff, I promise.
Follow me on Facebook. You do not need to send me a friend request to follow me. However, I welcome friend requests if you message me first to say you know me from the website or email list! Here is the Facebook link.
Sign up for my weekly email that not only includes a devotional but also seven quotes from prominent authors, speakers, and heroes of our faith. I do not use this mailing list for any other purpose!
All Bible verses attributed to the ESV version unless otherwise indicated.
Like what you read? You can help keep this ministry in several ways. Find out more HERE
Until Next Week,
©2020 Katherine Walden