Some prayer tips if you are struggling with just how to pray for terrorist groups and the lives devastated by their ruthless, heartless attacks.
It’s vital that you make an effort to pray from a place of faith and to guard your heart against fear. Deliberately calm your heart, reminding yourself of God’s faithfulness as you pray.
Don’t watch news coverage for hours on end. Seek facts, don’t dwell on speculation.
1. Pray for confusion and a breakdown of communication in the terrorist ranks. (2 Chronicles 2:22-24, Genesis 11:7)
– Internet disruptions, miscommunications, ineffective information gathering within terrorist operations, website outages, technology crashes within the organization.
2. Pray that the financial backing would dry up and that the transportation routes they are using to bring in weapons and equipment would be discovered and destroyed.
3. Pray for Saul/Paul conversions within the higher ranks of terrorist groups. Supernatural direct connections with Christ in dreams, visions, and divine encounters. Believe for Road of Damascus experiences!
4. Pray for safe passage out of terrorist strongholds for those who come to their senses and want to leave. Pray that key defectors would find their way to safety and they would be led to key people who can use the information they can give to bring down the leadership.
5. Pray for unified focus and good communication between all the nations who are working together to bring down this terrorist organization.
6. Pray for the leadership of these countries as they guide their nations through the initial shock of attacks on their soil. Pray for long-term strategies for the leaders of these countries as they seek to keep their nations safe.
7. Pray that any plans for hot-headed, fool-hearted retaliatory mob mentality fueled attacks against innocent parties who happen to be from the same region as the terrorists would be exposed and thwarted.
8. Pray for the wounded, for their families, and for those families who lost their loved ones. Pray for those who were traumatized. Pray for those who lost their jobs and property.
9. Pray for the first responders. No one can be prepared for to see what they see. Pray for healing emotionally and spiritually.
10. Pray for those who would paint all refugees with the brush of suspicion. Pray from a position of faith and not from a position of fear.
11. Pray for quick detection and removal of any terrorist supporters who would try to burrow their way into host nations in the refugee process and pray for the millions of displaced families and individuals across the Middle East and Northern Africa who are desperately seeking refuge.
12. Pray for legitimate refugees, that they experience no further trauma and that they will find sanctuary and hope.
Remember our battle as Christians is first in the spiritual realm.
2 Corinthian 10:3-4 -“For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh.For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds.”
And be diligent in never removing the Spiritual armour God has provided to us. Be fully dressed in truth, reminding yourself of your salvation. Walk in righteousness and view the world around you with eyes of faith. Get into the word of God, and stand on His promises. Live from a heart of peace and bring that peace wherever you go. Ask God for His strategies as you pray and wait for His answer.
Ephesians 6:10-18 -“Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication.”
Until next week,
© 2016 Katherine Walden
Sign up to receive a weekly emailed devotional by Katherine by using the following form.